Our economy stinks. Now, that's not my intended topic. However, it really encourages me in my newest goal. I read a book called The Penny Pinchers Club. Truthfully it wasn't very good reading, however it gave me some great ideas about how to save money.
I wouldn't necessarily say I am always cheap (I really prefer the word frugal), but I think I need to be. I buy 99% of our clothes at garage sales or thrift stores. I clothe our family of 6 for approximately $200-$300 a year. Some times it's a little more, sometimes less. I also make just about all our food from scratch, which saves us money. I don't even buy bread. After reading the Penny Pinchers Club I realized that now that I live close enough to real stores I could really start using coupons, and could possibly save 50-90% of our grocery bill. Now how great would it be to have that extra money in our bank account than in the stores' account!
So, I am embarking on my newest goal of saving as much money as possible. Tonight I got 6 packages of hot dogs for 25 cents each. It doesn't sound like much, but I saved us $6 tonight. So my plan is to transfer that $6 to our savings account.
Some people would never use coupons, or shop the sales. But, I'm not afraid of coupons; I LOVE them!
Monday, September 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
you might try pinchingyourpennies.com or fabulesslyfrugal.com or Athriftymom.com
Post a Comment