Friday, March 11, 2011

Park Day!

We went to the park today.  And there was a little bit of this........

Which means I look like this.....

Okay so it's not that bad, but it's funny to think about that it's March 11th and I have a sunburn on my face.  Seriously....where did we move to....Hawaii?

It was my idea to go to the park and I called a few friends to go with us.
We headed to the "Castle Park" as we call it or the Playground of Dreams as it's technically named.
Phillip and his 2 "girl" friends were there.  He followed one around calling her "Princess"....then the girls both decided that they are going to be his wife....hmmmm, Sister wives?  LOL!
While at the park my friend Laura was pushing Phillip in the swing with her 4 month old in her wrap on the front of her.  She pushed Phillip harder than she thought and he knocked her over.  Typically it would have just been kind of funny.  Instead there is a pretty big decline from where the swing platform is to where the bark on the regular ground is.  She landed on her ankle.  It took 3 of us (and her husband and another sister who brought over her stroller so Laura wouldn't have walk back to the car which was REALLY far away.  Side note:  no she didn't ride in the stroller, she just put her knee on it so she didn't have to walk.) to get her to the car.  It also took almost 2 hours of us sitting out there waiting for her husband, and other help.  Mind you we all had at least 2 kids at the park (two of which are infants) so we had to stop to give the babies food etc.  She also couldn't put any weight on it and so 2 of us would have had to help her and that left one with 2 infants to get to the car along with 6 kids under the age of 4.  So we waited.  
We had a good laugh about it.  And to be honest, it was a little strange to not be the one who had sprained my ankle.  I'm usually the one lying on the ground.
Kind of glad it wasn't me.  Is that bad?

2 comments:

Rachel and Tyler said...

I'm jealous! Lida has been asking to go to the Playground for weeks, but we still have 3 feet of snow in our front yard!! Today it is supposed to get all the way up to 45 degrees! That sounds positively warm. I'm glad to hear you got some spring though. Hope your friend is doing okay.

Monica said...

Well I can't believe that you got a sun burn but I can for how nice the weather has been and how long you were outside for. That is so sad that Laura got hurt! Glad to hear that she is okay but still not the best situation to be in with so many kids around.