Monday, October 3, 2011

Busy

I used to think I knew what it meant to be busy.
I have 4 kids.  That's busy right?
W.R.O.N.G

I forgot to add activities into the definition of busy.
We have orchestra and band on alternating mornings every day of the week.  Didn't sound too difficult until I realized I have to either watch the kids walk to school or walk kids to school 2 separate times every morning. I'm one of those crazy parents who won't let my 4th graders walk to school by themselves.  Actually I should probably say  paranoid parents.  I think I have great kids and heaven forbid something happen to them!
Then Phillip gets out of school at 11:35 and on Mondays I have to (it's a requirement of the preschool program) volunteer in his class on Mondays.
Then we have dance, soccer practice two times a week, cub scouts and activity days some of which overlap and I still haven't figured out how to get 2 kids to different places at the same time.  
And don't forget my calling, and walking every morning (after the kids go to school) and doctors appointments...we've spent a lot of time at the eye doctors and dentist lately, and not because they are regular check-ups. 
Somehow not everything gets done everyday.  I have a list, so I know what gets done and what doesn't....maybe if I didn't keep a list I wouldn't realize what doesn't get done.  Ha!
Most days I consider myself lucky to get some laundry done, the kids dressed and fed and some sewing done for Christmas or some other project on my to do list.

Is it summer vacation yet?  I'm ready for a break!

2 comments:

Rachel and Tyler said...

You sound like me!! I feel like life lives me instead of the other way 'round. You're walking every day - Good for you!!!

The Cleverley's said...

Holy cow! I can totally relate. I thought I knew busy until my kids got into school, and had activities. I feel like every day I am flying by the seat of my pants! Then they get sick or injured and that adds a whole dimension of crazy. Yup I am totally with ya on that! Oh and I have a list too, Ryan HATES my list because I get so frustrated when things don't get done, and he is always making me write a list of the things I DID do, and it makes me feel better. Just because it wasn't on your list doesn't mean you didn't do a ton! We all "get it" so I will never judge you for your pile of laundry 'cause mine is just as high!