I've discovered something about myself in the past month.
It doesn't necessarily come as a shock to me. And I'm pretty sure it won't to you either.
I'm a very rigid parent.
I like to control things....A lot.
My poor children.
I'm not very good at dropping things and just going with the flow. It's my way or no way.
I have one child who is the same way.
Unfortunately we both think we should be right which has led to quite a few power struggles.
And some counseling sessions. Okay, a lot of counseling sessions for the said child and us as parents.
You know what I've learned?
I've got to let go and relax.
Turns out that's harder to do than I imagined.
I'm trying. VERY hard.
We danced while I was making dinner tonight. For 15 minutes (doesn't sound like a lot, but I was cooking at the same time).
Before the reformed me came out I would have been telling them to clean something, or do something constructive. The reformed me however danced.
And it was fun. And we were all smiling.
AND the best part...Stuart came home to a very happy family.
I think we'll do it again before bed.
Dancing is good for the soul (and the waistline...LOL!)
And for the short people who live in my house and like to dance with mom...on her feet.
Gotta love that!


1 comment:
I am a personal fan of having dance parties while cooking dinner. Makes me stress about it a little less.
Post a Comment