Christmas has come and gone.
New Years too has come and gone and I still haven't managed to send out our Christmas letter.
I think perhaps it shall be a Valentines Letter.
Christmas was fantastic this year and we were sufficiently spoiled!
We (against my better judgement) got the kids each a tablet for Christmas. The older two each got a Kindle Fire and the younger two got a Leap Pad Ultra.
All four tablets can get online...EEEK!
I am so thankful for parental settings. The only thing about the parental settings I don't like is that the Scriptures that we downloaded for them are considered an app, so when we allow them to use their Kindle Free time it counts reading the scriptures as their free time. We need to figure a way around that because we both feel that reading scriptures should be allowed all the time! The day after Christmas Stuart and I came downstairs to both of them doing dishes and listening to the scriptures.
Munchkin and Tallulah have figured out that their can text back and forth to each other. I find it terribly
funny that they send each other messages especially since Tallulah can't read!
Other than that our big family present was a puppy.
We were planning on another dog for a while. We had been looking at Goldendoodles and Labradoodles and wanted one that could be a therapy dog for our family that helps with anxiety. We really thought we wouldn't be able to find one that wasn't $2500. Which is what they typically run.
A friend of ours however got a puppy from a breeder in the spring who breeds them for therapy dogs and doesn't charge as much because she and her mother had been in the same boat...needing a therapy dog and not being able to afford one and wants to allow more people to get them if they need them.
Enter Maize.
She is a fabulous dog! And we are all in love with her!
Hope you all had a VERY Merry Christmas and New Years!



No comments:
Post a Comment