I've learned some things in the past few weeks that I thought I'd share, partially because our computer's chord is having issues so I can't put pictures on my blog and partially because I haven't blogged in a LONG time.
I've learned that.....
*KatieJo has to wear her glasses. Normally we park them for the summer on her desk, so when I took her in to get her eyes checked in June the Dr. asked me where they were. I told her and she said that if I didn't want her right *lazy* eye to start wandering she'd better start wearing them ALL the time....OOPS!
*My kids are good travelers, but even they have their limits! I.E. back to back vacations for almost 6 weeks in a row is a little bit too much.
*Seeing cousins after about 8 years is awesome, and it's great to catch up again.
*Potty training on the road is a J*O*K*E!
*Sunscreen is a must! My poor kids have burnt more this summer than in their whole lives. I forgot after spending last summer under the trees in my parents backyard that we have to have sunscreen.
*Being home is WONDERFUL!
*Having clean laundry to take out of your suitcase when you get home is WONDERFUL!
*Having to resume life as we knew it before we left is nice and sad at the same time....it's always fun to see friends and family.
*My children LOVE animals, particularly horses that they get to ride (my friend Holly's horses)....as soon as we get our new computer chord I'll post video of that that I took with my *NEW* video camera.
*Trampolines with LOTS of cousins on them equal disaster. (Samuel's head + Ellen's wrist (our niece)= Ellen's broken wrist in a cast)
*Meeting the new niece and one of our new nephews was fun.
I think that's all for right now. I'm sure there are more things I've learned, however they'll have to wait for a future post.
We hope you are having as much fun this summer as we are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I'm just gonna call you the road warrior. That is a lot of traveling, and I am beyond impressed that you attempted potty training on the road.
It was so wonderful seeing you guys! Annie is very sad that KatieJo is not around anymore. We miss you, but we're glad you are home safe and sound and enjoying the normal life.
I'm gonna start potty training in a few months (no later then September) any suggestions? I promise not to start while travling.
We missed seeing you guys! Hope you had great trip.
You make me laugh! I am impressed that you find some humor in everyday motherhood problems, at least I hope it is humor. If not, laugh at it because it is pretty funny the things we have to learn.
Post a Comment