Sunday, December 6, 2009

Freezer....paper!

This may sound silly, and I'd divulge what I'm making but Samuel reads this on a regular basis. So all I'm going to say is that appliqueing and freezer paper is AWESOME! I've never appliqued before Saturday, and it went really well...I was a tad bit excited...except for the fact that I didn't have an heat and bond which means I pinned the fabric to what I was appliqueing it to and just sewed away. Then Stuart informed me that I could have used the freezer paper he just bought me for another project to keep the fabric sticking to my project. As it turns out he read the box...guess he was a little bored :0)

I also used the freezer paper to make a stencil for another project...I LOVE it! I think I might be using freezer paper for a lot more projects soon.

Christmas is in a few short weeks and then I'll share the projects that I did for Christmas. I had to limit my sewing this year as I have a cyst in my wrist that is causing me considerable pain. I've had it for about 3 years, however the pain has been unbearable in the last few months. I'll find out Tuesday what the plan is for my wrist. I'm hoping they just take the thing out since it is growing out of my joint, but we'll see.

3 comments:

James and Aimee said...

I've never used freezer paper for anything crafty. I've always been a little scared of it for some reason. But hearing that you love it makes me feel a little better about it.

I do hope your wrist is cyst free and feeling much better very soon! I don't know how I would make it through a day without two fully functioning wrists!

Alice Brewer said...

I can hardley wait to see your projects. How does freezer paper double as iron on stuff? Hope your wrist gets to feeling better. We can hardly wait for Christmas to see you all. I'm not sure if Joshua is counting down to Christmas or counting down to Samuel! Love You All!

The Cleverley's said...

oooo I'm excited to see it! You'll have to give us a tutorial on how it's done!