I love my husband, and he is the very best friend I've ever had. I'm grateful everyday for how often he tells me I'm beautiful regardless of whether or not I've put makeup on or what I'm wearing. He always....ALWAYS tells me I'm beautiful. What a way to make me feel good and to know that he loves me!
With every addition to the family it has become more important for us to tell each other and do small things that show each other (I am very much the "show me you love me" love language!) how much we love each other. At times with kids going different directions it's hard to have a bunch of time to spend with each other.
A couple weeks ago we went to the "holiday" party with his co-workers. They had a holiday family party right before Christmas, but this was the adult only party. The Social Worker from the school looked at us and said "it must be nice to finally get out of the house without kids." We told her that it was nice to get out, however we usually succeed in having a date at least once a month. I budget the money in and so it's usually not a problem. In our small town however there aren't typically a lot of options when we go out which is another reason we limit it to once a month. We do however feed the kids something simple and then after they've gone to bed have a nice dinner just to ourselves. I cherish these nights. It's not like it's not just the two of us every night after the kids are in bed, but our "home date nights" are just a little bit more special.
Lately I've been sending him an e-mail right before going to bed so that first thing in the morning he gets an e-mail telling him I love him and to have a great day. In return he sends me one so when I get on with Shorty to start school I get his e-mail of love.
Last year I bought a book (for the kids) about the states for them to use while we were on a road trip. However we've been reading this book. Well technically I quiz him....partially because he seems to have an unnatural knowledge of the weirdest pieces of information, and partially because it gives us something silly to do together. I'm convinced he gets his knowledge from the Uncle John's Bathroom Readers....he says he just picks up the information....but really who knows almost all of the state flowers and dinosaurs and juice? Not me :0)
Becoming friends was the easy part. Nurturing our friendship and love hasn't always been the easiest, but it's always been worth it!
If you'd like to participate in Wordfull Wednesdays...click HERE!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Great post. I like to send my hubby messages on facebook, email, whatever...Its a great little surprise to open a note from you love!
I'd probably send my DH e-mails too only he has me check his e-mails to see if there's anything new. He is SO not a techy. Haha! I guess that's why he prefers little paper notes.
That's a fun way to start, and end, the day!
Wow! How did he learn all of that?
We like to have our at home date nights too, but they usually involve cookies and a movie. Such a nice part of the day!
Glad to hear you do fun things with the states too. We've always "quizzed" each other on the capitols of each state and such...hence our trying to get to each capitol. Although now it's gotten to be a family game at the dinner table some night. I just got a book that you would enjoy about interesting state facts...wonder if it's the same one!
Glad to hear you do fun things with the states too. We've always "quizzed" each other on the capitols of each state and such...hence our trying to get to each capitol. Although now it's gotten to be a family game at the dinner table some night. I just got a book that you would enjoy about interesting state facts...wonder if it's the same one!
Post a Comment