turns out to be one of the sweetest boys I know.
Some days I feel like pulling my hair out because he CAN NOT keep his room clean and can't ever find anything....I mean anything. He's obnoxious, loud and well just plain boy.
But, he was the kindest kid I know today; which brings tears to my eyes. Because out of all the things that drive me crazy about him, my fear is that he will be "the mean mormon" kid. Sounds silly, I know. But I knew a few too many of those "mean mormon kids" and because of them I almost didn't join the Church.
In Samuel's class at school they earn "economy dollars" all month long doing their "jobs", keeping their desk clean, turning in their work etc. The last school day of the month they have an auction. The kids can bring in items they want to auction off and they get to keep the "economy dollars" they earn from the auction.
Now, there is a girl who isn't very well liked in his class. There are various reasons she's not well liked none of which matter on this blog, however suffice it to say today the other kids weren't very nice. She made a paper doll to auction off and no one bid. That's right, no one. As the teacher was telling her she was sorry that no one wanted her homemade doll Samuel stood up and said he wanted to buy it. All he had left was 10 economy dollars and so he offered her that for the doll.
I don't know how she reacted except that she thanked him.
And, I am proud.
Proud that he's a nice boy and proud that he did what was right. He showed kindness to a little girl who probably doesn't see a lot of it. Any time of year is a good time to show kindness, but what better time of year than at Christmas for him to have done something like this.
I sure do love this boy, and I'm grateful for the lesson he taught me today!


2 comments:
this doesn't shock me....I know his mom and dad and as my dad would say "you done good ;)" Thanks for sharing...puts a smile on my face knowing that the little girl felt liked even if for just a minute.
What a sweet story. That was so good of him to do and I'm sure the little girl really appreciated it too.
Post a Comment