The Christmas Season is my favorite time of the year.
I love Christmas lights and music.
This year though I didn't "cry when I took the tree down".
You see, we live in a small apartment. Well, maybe it's not terribly small but we moved from a house that is easily twice as big AND we had a big yard AND our own driveway AND a shed to store things in.
AND most importantly a PLAYROOM.
Here we have 1100 SMALL square feet and a storage unit across town that has more than half of our possessions....you know those things that we couldn't "part" with. (Bring on summer because once we move I'm parting with a lot of that stuff!)
This leads me to be a GRINCH!
I'm crabby and cranky.
The kids are driving me bonkers because there isn't any room for them to play.
Christmas "exploded" in our room this year because I didn't want to deal with them under the tree in our already cramped living room.
I am OH SO READY to be out of this apartment!
Seriously...
Ready!
On a happier note, Happy New Year! 2011 is going to be a fabulous year....I can feel it in my bones.


2 comments:
I COMPLETELY understand. My House is 1192 sq feet plus the attic (but that is not kid safe yet). I mean they go up there with someone but they can't play up there by themselves. We've talked about putting up railing so that we can let them have some toys up there so that the boys bedroom isn't completely covered in toys...we are running out of space for toys because image this....I don't want my living room COVERED in toys.
Anyway - I feel your pain and we weren't in a bigger place before.
We TOTALLY understand your pain very well but instead of kid toys everywhere it is our own that we just can't seem to let go of. But don't worry summer will come soon and hopefully our yard will be more kid safe for your kiddos to come over and play. :>
Post a Comment