Thursday, February 3, 2011

Eye doctors and tree skirts

Oh Phillip.  I tried and tried to get him to smile.  This was the 12th picture I took and still no smile.
He had an eye appointment today, hence the "sunglasses".  He tried to convince the doctor he needed glasses.  I told her I'd bribe her to not give them to him even if he needed them.  Can you imagine a rowdy 4 year-old with glasses?  I'd be replacing them every other week!
He doesn't need glasses...yet.  However, he goes back in 6 months because he seems to be having an eye focusing and eye team work problem.  I guess it's fairly typical of kids who's mom's had to take terbutaline while pregnant (to stave off pre-term labor).  So we'll see what happens in August.
On the way to the eye doctors Phillip asked me..."Are they going to clean my teeth?" To which I answered "No"
"Are they going to clean my eyes then?"  I just laughed and told him they were going to check his eyes to see how they are.   He cracks me up!
  
 And these pictures are of our new tree skirt.  The pictures aren't the best...sorry.  That's what I get for not taking them during the day.  I used THIS tutorial.
Truthfully I wasn't that thrilled.  I had issues getting the triangles the same size.  I think it turned out cute, but if I had to do it again I would figure out a different way to do the triangles.
 Two sided!  The top side has santas and mistletoe type things and the bottom is just snowmen.  Stuart prefers the top and I'm kind of partial to it to.  So chances are that's what will be "up".
 Here is a closer look at the fabrics....

 The instructions say that it takes a "ton" of bias tape (this isn't technically bias tape as I didn't cut it on the bias).  So I made a TON!  This is what I have left over.....I need to figure out another project to use it on.  Any ideas?

2 comments:

Monica said...

Your son is so funny. Some of the things he says should be written down and put in a book. You also did a great job on that tree shirt.

The Cleverley's said...

Love the tree skirt. Nice job. Use the extra "bias" tape for aprons. That's my suggestion anyhow.