I think the ER should have a punch card for a discount!
Samuel had to go AGAIN yesterday.
He´s my only child to have ever gone to the ER...knock on wood!
He was playing soccer at school on Thursday and fell and hit his head.
The nurse called and told me about it and I didn´t think anything of it until yesterday (Friday morning)
when he was acting kind of funny.
He kept asking me questions...not annoyingly but more like he´d never asked me before.
He couldn´t remember things he should have been able to remember.
So off to the ER we went.
He wasn´t very happy with me, but we went anyway.
He had his stuffed Rhinoceros with him (which in and of itself was weird since he NEVER carries a stuffed animal anywhere.
They gave ¨Rick¨the Rhinoceros a CAT scan before they gave Samuel one. I am so grateful for that. He was scared spitless about getting a CAT scan. It´s kind of a big scary machine. But after Rick got his Rick got to pick out a toy. For the record he and Samuel got the same toy....a bear. Yes, we have 2 identical stuffed bears. One named Ricky and one named Max.
When the doctor brought a picture of the CAT scan in he handed it to me and said ¨His brain looks good which is kind of funny because we don´t typically see brains in males until they are 25.¨
I about died laughing.
Good news is he just has a concussion....and a sinus infection. Between the 2 incidents this week and the sinus infection it´s not terribly shocking he has one.
On a lighter note....I got my new wash machine and Stuart is at the apartment getting the rest of the furniture and then he´ll be off to the storage unit.
Oh, and Phillip is trying to teach Duchess to roll over.
Crazy kid!


4 comments:
I love the doctor's comment! How funny!!! I'm glad Samuel is ok. I hope he stays that way!
And lots of luck to Phillip!
Glad that you had a good and funny doctor. I think it always makes the visits easier. Sorry you have been going to the ER so much lately. I think your family should get a discount for it or something. Now once Phillip is done teaching Duchess that new trick I want a deminstration.
WOW!! You have quite the adventerous week. I am glad the doctor was so funny. I hope that Samuel has a better week and I am glad he is alright.
Ugh!! It's a good thing we love our boys or I'm not sure if they would survive childhood. Are you all moved yet??
Post a Comment