I think craziness is becoming a norm in our home.....
We signed our lives away again on Monday morning thinking we would be able to drive right over and start moving in. It worked that way at our other homes. However, in Washington after you sign the papers buying a house the papers have to go back to the lender who then ¨funds¨ and sends the paperwork onto the courthouse who records the sale and then sends the paperwork back to the lender who then sends it to the title company who then sends it to the sellers agent who in turn sends the approval back to our agent who then handed the keys over. Whew....what a process! We signed papers at 9 am and finally got the keys at about quarter to 2. Stuart has the keyboard on Spanish mode again so I can´t use the colon key right now.....GRRRR!
So Monday afternoon and all day Tuesday I spent my time moving boxes into the house. Tuesday afternoon the kids walked home from school and were later than they should have been and I started getting worried. First thing out of Samuel´s mouth when they got home was....
¨Sorry we´re late. Sister Slaugh says you need to look at this....¨ at which point he takes the bandaid off his face. Turns out he was walking in front of a friend on the swing and got kicked in the neck and landed on his face. So off to the ER we went because the kids had their Spring Concert Tuesday evening and the Urgent Care literally takes HOURS. They checked out his neck and super glued his gash back together instead of doing stitches. He is VERY grateful for super glue right now!
¨Sorry we´re late. Sister Slaugh says you need to look at this....¨ at which point he takes the bandaid off his face. Turns out he was walking in front of a friend on the swing and got kicked in the neck and landed on his face. So off to the ER we went because the kids had their Spring Concert Tuesday evening and the Urgent Care literally takes HOURS. They checked out his neck and super glued his gash back together instead of doing stitches. He is VERY grateful for super glue right now!
Wednesday I again was moving boxes and decided since I wasn´t getting my new washer until today that I was going to do a load of laundry....I forgot I had picked up a broken glass bottle of salsa in dish towels and so dumped them into the washer and pushed them down with my had and sliced my middle finger open.....rather than going to the ER for stitches....although that may have been wise we super glued it together. I figured when the doctor told me at the ER that the stuff they use is pretty much the same as super glue I was good....right...LOL!
I saved us about 250 dollars but it sure does hurt!!
We only have a few more boxes to move out of the apartment and then all of the big furniture will be moved on Saturday along with all of our stuff from storage. I haven´t seen some of that stuff for about 15 months...crazy! I´m hoping to have a garage sale soon.


2 comments:
Oh Chaney, what a week!!! I hope things turn around and start going better for you!
That sure is a lot of things to happen in one week. I'm happy you are in your new home and starting to get stuff in. I really can't wait to see it all fixed up, especially the craft room.
Post a Comment