Saturday, August 22, 2009

$55.79

We went to City Market today (our version of King Soopers) to get some misc. produce that I didn't have. And while we were walking by the meat section Stuart mentioned that he wanted bacon with breakfast tomorrow morning. Well, typically I don't buy extra bacon. I buy exactly what is on the menu for the month and that's it. Well, since he was "dying" for breakfast sandwiches with bacon he started picking some out and the meat guy looked at me and said "there is some reduced sodium bacon right over here for 49 cents a pound."
My response was something to the extent of...."You've got to be kidding me!"
Well, what do you know there was a whole bunch of bacon labled 49 cents. So I grabbed 10, and then we decided that it was such a good price and we have room in our freezer so Stuart grabbed the rest of the packages. Which means we got 20 packages. We also got a package of pork ribs half off.The bacon was normally $3 a package and if we bought it at a normal price we would have spent $60, and we got it for $9.80. (And it was a BONUS that it's reduced sodium as I'm not supposed to have a lot of salt.) The pork was normally $11.12 and we got it for $5.53.

So, we saved $55.79 today, and we only spent $17.91 which means we saved 75.6% of our bill!

WOOOHOOOOOO! Ok, so I'm a tad bit excited about saving so much money. And, to make it even better we've added about 9 months of bacon to our food supply. That may sound silly, however everything counts :0).

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I love it when I find those kinds of deals. Too bad they are so rare. But I think this deserves a great big CONGRATULATIONS!!

The Cleverley's said...

Loooooove it! Getting stuff cheap is awesome...

James and Aimee said...

That is so great!!! I wish I could run into a deal like that. Way to go guys!

Lynsey said...

Way to go Chaney! I love getting deals like that at the store. It makes shopping so much better.