Monday, August 31, 2009

And we're BACK!

Summer is no longer...so sad really! Today was the first day of school.

We now have a Second Grader and a First Grader. Samuel had a hard time sleeping last night due to excitement! He was still wide awake well over 2 hours after bedtime. I asked if they wanted to stay home with me today. They said "maybe tomorrow". That was a mistake however because tonight they asked if they could stay home tomorrow and do their school work on the computer. OOPS!
Both looked exceptional in their new glasses and new clothes. Gotta LOVE the first day of school! And I only cried during Family Prayer which Stuart asked me to say, I do have to add that crying only then is pretty good for me.

I figured I'd take a picture of everyone, particularly since Phillip thinks he's in High School...so that someday when he really is going to High School I can show him his "First" High School picture! Aren't they a good looking bunch? We had our meeting last week about Samuel and attending 2nd grade. Even though he scored high on his testing and showed that he knows the material for 2nd grade they felt that because he is young for a first grader they want to keep him in 1st. So, in order to do that they are providing the academics to him IN his classroom. Last year they took him out of his classroom to attend 2-3 different other classrooms and we requested that they not do that this year because it was hard on him. So, they are providing a Math Aide everyday to work with him on the level he needs to work and they will be doing some more assessments as to where they are going to put him reading wise since he is reading at a 3rd grade level right now. We aren't necessarily pleased with the results of the meeting, however if they truly provide what he needs they will have our support 100%. I guess we'll see. I will be having a weekly meeting/e-mail as to his progress so that it will be easier for me to monitor.

1 comment:

James and Aimee said...

Samuel and KatieJo look so grown up!!! Hope school is going well for all of you!