Phillip and I were reviewing shapes tonight and he started being silly. When we got to the Square and this is what transpired:
M: What is this shape Phillip?
P: That's a ball
M: No it's not, what is it Phillip?
P: It's a Circle.
M: You know it's not a circle Phillip, what is it?
P: It's a letter. (by now his laughing)
M: Phillip, it's a square.
P: RARRRRRRR....I scared it mom.
M: I said Square Phillip, not scare.
P: RARRRRR....I scare you too mom!
He's been getting "scared" of things lately, like the trash can down the hall from Stuart's classroom. We have tried to make it better by helping him deal with things so he won't be scared. For instance with the trash can (that he said was a monster) we had him "scare" it so that he wouldn't be scared of it. It sort of backfired however, because now he "scares" everything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I like that tactic. I might have to give it a try with Naomi.
Kids are so funny. I love the scare it before it scares you tactic. I'm meaner I FORCE my kids to face their fears head on. My poor kids are gonna need serious therapy.
Post a Comment