Thursday, September 10, 2009

Friday's Fix-up


My sister-in-law Aimee does a weekly Friday's Fix-up. There are a multitude of things in my home that I'd like to fix up and so when she extended an invitation last week to join her I thought I would jump at the chance....until we found out on Monday that the archway we have been waiting to have done and a window in our boys' room that has needed replaced would be done this week. So, we had to clear out the dining room, the living room and most of the kitchen not only because we didn't want to have to clean too much but because our house was built in 1954 we aren't sure that there isn't lead based paint in the house. Since we have small children we didn't want to mess with that! And it's a whole lot easier to clean when there is almost nothing to clean....OH, and we're ripping up carpet to expose the wood floors in the living room this weekend so it had to be empty.

So, rather than doing a Friday's Fix-up (although putting everything back in place may be a fix-up in and of itself.) I found myself trying to fit everything into 3 bedrooms. On top of that I've been down with a severe sinus infection and on Tuesday night my 2 year-old came down with a fever. So, rather than play outside as was planned while our contractor did the demolition....My 2 younger kids and I have been locked in my bedroom. Which, I might add is fine for a sick 2 year-old, but not for a healthy 10 month old!
This is a picture of the "before" from the living room side of the wall. The archway is going to go between the living room and the old garage/dining room. The black thing in the back left corner is our desk and filling cabinet. They are in what was the "other side of the wall". I can't believe how BIG it feels!
This is a picture from 2 days-ago. This coming Monday they will finish mudding it and prime it. We are even getting rounded corners which I'm thrilled about!
This is what 2 of the rooms look like right now. I don't have a picture of the boy's room because most of the furniture that was in there has been moved out so that they could do the window today.

I had thought about cleaning my purse or diaper bag out, but I'm a little over-whelmed with my lack of order that I'm not even sure where they are. I haven't really left the house all week, so I haven't really needed them!
Hopefully normalcy will come back next week and I'll join in then!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I'd say that counts as a fix-up! A very big one. That will be so nice when it's all done! I'm sure your bedrooms will seem lots bigger too when you get to move all the extra things out.

Thanks for posting a fix-up, Chaney! You are wonderful!

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Hi there! I just found you from you commenting on my blog, coffeebeansdailies!!

I happened to go by Aimee's site and saw this Friday's Fix up. Then, I meandered over to your lovely site and found this again. So, I think I will have to go over to my blog and commit to something for this coming Friday!

Your family is beautiful! I have two kids that are 13 and 10 and I don't know how anyone else handles more than that! My hat is off to ya!! Take care!