Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Frugal Living

Maija is tiny, and when I say tiny I mean she is almost 11 months old and is still pretty solidly in her 3-6 month clothing. Not that I'm complaining (besides most 3-6 month clothes are not meant for a crawling little girl), however I haven't been able to find a coat small enough to fit her. Most of the coats for her size are snowsuits, and although that's okay they are a pain in the rear end to get a baby in and out of who is as wiggle as she is when we aren't going to be outside very long. I have an 18 month coat I bought this summer thinking it would work for all winter (of course I assumed she'd be bigger by now), but it's HUGE! So, I finally found this coat at the Children's Place. Now, I like their clothing etc. but I don't like their prices. However, the coat which was normally $30 was on sale for $20. I also found these two dresses, normally $12.50 each on sale for $4.89 (and yes, I know the dress is the same style...I got the dresses in different sizes so it won't matter).

Yesterday however I got a coupon in the mail for 15% off my purchase and free shipping. I was excited, because I got her coat for $17.55 and each dress for $4.16. And, I saved $5 bucks on shipping. Seems a little silly, but I rarely buy things brand new and when I do I like to save as much of our money as I can.

I think since her birthday is coming up I'll add the dresses to her presents...they won't fit for a while, but I've hesitated buying her too many clothes in the next size because I don't want to have a bunch of the wrong season clothing when she gets up to the next size clothing.

Okay, enough of my gushing.

1 comment:

James and Aimee said...

Yay for good deals! I will sometimes buy new things at Old Navy, but only if they are on the clearance rack. It is so exciting getting something brand new for a much cheaper price. Way to go!