Sunday, October 25, 2009

Peter Pan

Because Samuel's birthday was in August before school started we decided to have a birthday party after school started. Somehow I didn't get my act together sooner, so Samuel and I decided on a Halloween/birthday party. We combined a party with Samuel's friend Mattias since his birthday was right after Samuel's. It worked out really well as I did the cooking/baking and Mattias's mom Shonda did the games.

The boys had a blast! We had "Worms on a bun" a.k.a. hot dogs cut into strips to look like worms (see below) with "blood" and "diarrhea" a.k.a ketchup and mustard (disclaimer...the boys came up with the "diarrhea" as we didn't have a gross name for it) chips and apple juice mixed with sprite. Then they played a game outside where they made a "spider web" by throwing a ball of yarn around a circle. They also played "Trick or Treat" where they had to do a trick..like spelling a word or do some kind of physical task to get a piece of candy. Instead of decorating a cake we decided to let the boys decorate their own "monsters". They each got a cupcake and we let them have free artistic discretion with their frosting and "eyes" a.k.a. chocolate chips. I'm glad they all went home not too long after having the frosting! You'll see why below.
Mattias the Mummy and Phillip the Crab"Worms"YUM!
Samuel aka Peter Pan!
Look at that Frosting piled high! They all ate the frosting and then were too "sweeted" out for the cupcakes.




1 comment:

James and Aimee said...

Wow! You are such a good mom. I still havent' gotten around to doing any costumes yet. Looks like everyone had a very fun time!