Mi familia es muy bonita! Okay, I won't write any more Spanish in my post...I promise because that's about the extent of my Spanish.My husband spends the majority of his days at the local high school teaching Spanish. The other part of his day (while away from home) he is a swim coach for the high school boys. Well right now anyway. The other seasons he coaches football and middle school boys swimming. Sports and Spanish are BIG in our house!
This is the most recent picture I have of the two of us. This was taken about 5 years ago at his College graduation.
I am a stay-at-home mom. We have 4 beautiful children ages 7, 6, 3 and 1. I stay plenty busy with the two little ones at home and I home school our 6 year-old son. I am the PTO President at our oldest daughter's school and I am meeting with our High Councilman tonight to find out what my new calling is going to be (I'm a little bit scared for that meeting!).
This is the most recent picture I have of the two of us. This was taken about 5 years ago at his College graduation.
My Children....as I'm sure all parents know, my children are so different in so many ways! Our 7 year-old is preparing to be baptized in April, she is so excited she can barely contain it! She loves to read, sing and dance. Oh and she's our social butterfly. We can't go anywhere without her knowing someone. She also chose not to be home schooled for that very fact. We gave her a choice because we didn't want it to be forced upon her and she chose school. I'm sad that she doesn't want to stay home to learn although I am proud that she knows what she wants and didn't cave in to the pressures at home.
Our 6 year-old is too smart for his own good. He thinks of so many things that I NEVER think of. Sometimes they get him in trouble, but more often than not they lead to us just laughing. He too loves to read and has read all of the kids books and chapter books that we have in the house for the kids and so has moved onto Harry Potter and my husband's Terry Brooks books. I often have to pry him out of the bathroom so he'll get back to his school work and not sit in there and read all day. He has recently started wrestling on the USA wrestling team. He's so excited...like I said before, sports are BIG here.
Our 3 and 1 year-old have just as big of personalities as the older kids. The 3 year-old LOVES planes, trains and anything else with wheels. He also has a VERY vivid imagination and tells me that his Grandma made him anything and everything he owns. He likes to dress himself and is often found with all of his clothes on backwards with 2 different shoes on the wrong feet. He has also been known to wear his older brother's polo shirts as pants, which by the way is pretty amusing. People often ask me when they see him why I let him out of the house looking like that. The answer is simple, he needs to figure out who he is and it's really not worth me fighting him. At least he's dressed and has shoes on. He also likes to get into things he shouldn't. He is my first child to do this and I'm fairly certain it's going to make me go gray. The other day he brought me a tube of Super Glue and his tooth brush and asked to brush his teeth. OYE VEY!
Our sweet 1 year-old is the apple of her daddy's eye (could be because she is very much a daddy's girl). She refuses to learn how to use sign language which frustrates me...until she smiles at me. She does sign all done and blows kisses. Other than that she prefers to try to talk. Her first word was DU. That may sound silly, but she was calling our dog Duchess whom she LOVES. She is also a BIG eater. She will eat just about anything you put in front of her (unless what you have in front of you looks more appetizing).If you'd like to participate in Wordful Wednesday go to Chocolate on my Cranium (click HERE).


7 comments:
Good luck with your new calling...whatever it is! So fun to get to know more about your family.
your children are beautiful!
I think the part I was amused the most about was that your son dresses himself with interesting results...my kids do it all the time and I get some pretty strange comments and looks. Nice to see I am not alone! :) (must be a boy thing!)
I love the innocence in each of your children's pictures. You have a lovely family.
Cute kids...I like reading about wierd things other peoples children have done, helps me remember I am not alone in the strangness of childhood!
5 years ago for a picture of the two of you? See what your 7 year old can do with that! you have a darling family!
We sure do miss you guys! Your kids are all so sweet! I wish I could get to know Maija a little better. I'm so glad we are related to you, too!
I can't believe how big your kids are getting. The pictures are great, I can see their little personalities coming out!
Post a Comment