Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Marriage

I really never thought I'd get married and so when my husband proposed I had really never thought about what I expected or really wanted from a marriage.

8 years later however, I've had time to think. This week's Wordful Wednesday (go ahead and click it...you know you want to) topic is the 3 most important things to me in marriage.

When we were first married I never...NEVER thought we'd argue. Of course just like every other couple in the world we don't see eye to eye all the time. So I guess I'd say THE most important thing to me being able to Talk to my spouse. I love that no matter how mad we get at each other we can always work things out and they are always better. I also have anxiety and being able to talk to him always calms me down. I joke that he is my anti-anxiety pill. I may be joking, but it's partially true. Life is always better for me when I can at the very least talk to him on the phone.

Any marriage can work if you both put your minds to it. However, it's not nearly as much fun if you don't Love the person you're married to! He is my best friend, and working along side him to make our marriage work and to go along through life with him is so much fun!

And last but not least I believe that being able to say I'm sorry is so very important. I'm not very good at this one, I'm working on that. Stuart is SO much better at being first to say I'm sorry....whether or not he thinks he was wrong. Saying I'm sorry changes so many things! It softens hearts and allows talking to being.

I asked Stuart what he thought was most important and he said....Love, understanding/compassion and commitment. I'm glad we both feel love is important!

3 comments:

Montserrat said...

Being able to swallow pride and say "I'm sorry" is a great trait to have, especially in a marriage.

Momza said...

Allowing each other to evolve
is what saying and accepting
apologies
is all about.
It's essential in any relationship--
it's what repentance is all about.
really enjoyed your list!

Montserrat said...

Hey, Chaney, you are January's Wordfull Wednesday winner! I need to get your e-mail address so I can send you all the information. Please e-mail me at chocolateonmycranium [at] live [dot] com.

PS I hope your Mom is doing okay and the doctors can figure out what is going on. The worst part is the not knowing. When you KNOW what's going on at least you can take action.