Saturday, April 10, 2010

It's Great to be 8!

I finally have the right computer to do this...the one with the pictures on it!

KatieJo turned 8 on Wednesday. Oh was she excited!! I woke her up at midnight and asked if she wanted to do a "birthday dance". She smiled at me and told me no.

Her birthday present from Auntie Cori was flowers being delivered to school. She thought that was just awesome, and felt very special! She also got a sewing machine for her birthday which she's been wanting for a while...bring on the sewing lessons!Phillip kept wanting to eat her flowers. He was pretty convinced that it was ice cream. At one point KatieJo was concerned he was actually going to eat her flowers. She also took chocolate chip cookies to school instead of cupcakes. I've packed up all of my cake decorating supplies so she also got the rest of the cookies for her birthday desert.
Because she turned 8 this year and will be baptized on the 17th she got her very own scriptures. She's excited because they have her name engraved on them. I asked her a while back if she wanted KatieJo or KathleenJo on them. She decided on KathleenJo and thinks it's just fantastic that they are her's!
I'm having a hard time realizing she's 8! It feels like just yesterday that she walked into our lives! I'm so glad to be able to call her my daughter! What a wonderful girl she is!

Here our our 8 most favorite things about KatieJo:

1. She is a very happy girl.

2. She is such a big helper!

3. She has the best "real" laugh. (I say real because you can tell when she REALLY finds something funny)

4. She is a caring person, and is always concerned about other people.

5. She strives to do what is right

6. KatieJo is very smart and loves to read...Oh and she's an AWESOME speller!

7. She is a great listener

8. She is a hard worker and most of the time really enjoys doing whatever her chore is.

2 comments:

Mariel said...

Hey there!

We're thinking that YOU need to do a guest post on our blog, "Or so she says..." and share one of your great ideas! Let me know if you're interested...email ladies@oneshetwoshe.com. Have a great day :)

Mariel
www.oneshetwoshe.com

The Redhead Riter said...

She is precious and looks so tender hearted like I was at 8! Just beautiful!