Monday, May 3, 2010

Menu

What's on your menu this week? I only plan formal meals for dinner. Lunches are usually tortilla roll-ups, oatmeal (porridge if you ask Phillip because he likes Goldilocks and the Three Bears...yes he even "goes for a walk" while it cools), sandwiches or leftovers. And breakfast...well I'm more of a breakfast for dinner gal so the kids are stuck with cold cereal.

I thought I'd post our menu because even though I know exactly where the menu is, right before lunch time I try to get my mind set for making dinner and what I need to be getting out for it. And, right before lunch I am on the computer with Samuel doing school. What better place to put it so I can just click!

This week we are having:
Monday: Ham and Cheese bars with Tomato Soup....the local bakery makes these and how hard can they really be?
Tuesday: Breakfast Sandwiches and fruit
Wednesday: Cowboy Casserole (THANKS Valerie!)
Thursday: Beans, Cheese and Rice possibly with Chicken (depending on how I'm feeling)
Friday: Chicken Breast Sandwiches on English Muffin Bread with Potato Salad
Saturday: And, the healthiest meal of all.....Macaroni and Cheese. Stuart won't be home this night if you can't tell or it wouldn't be on the menu.
Sunday: Fried Chicken, potatoes, etc.

3 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

I often find myself making "crap" meals when my husband is gone too. Mac n cheese, tater tots with chicken nuggets, etc.

Why do we do this? Is it the need to impress? Is it because its easier to clean?

I don't know but I hope you like the cowboy casserole! :)

Chaney said...

I think I do it because it's easier and the kids just don't care (most of the time).

Samuel LOVES the cowboy casserole and always picks it as one of his choices for the menu.

The Cleverley's said...

Ha ha! That's funny, If it were up to MY husband we'd be eating "crap" meals every night. His favorite and most requested dinner is corn dogs and tator tots.