Tuesday, March 31, 2009

FOUR kids?

Warning this post contains a BIG complaint. If you aren't in the mood for hearing me complain about the general public please don't read on.

Some of you have more kids than I do, some of you have less. But I guess I didn't consider 4 children a lot of kids. Obviously I'm wrong. It seems like everytime I turn around this week someone is making a comment about how many children I have. First it was the nurse at the doctors office when I called about my wrist. "You know what is causing you all the problems with your wrist is hauling all those kids around." Then it was the lady today at the swim meet that made a comment about me having too many kids when after the swim meet was over Phillip was having a meltdown and Maija needed attention. She said something to the extent of "Can't that lady control her kids, I know 4 is a lot." What the heck?!?!?!?!?
I LOVE my kids and if we couldn't provide for them we wouldn't have them! I usually find it humerous that people stare in wonder when we go somewhere, however at Wal-Mart last week some young teenager stared until she was well past us. Which was just plain annoying.
We have gone through a whole lot to get the kids we have, and I don't think I should have to answer to every Tom, Dick and Harriet about why I have 4 kids. (Of course just when they make a comment about 4 I usually like to insert the fact that Stuart wants 12 kids...which we won't be having if he likes me because with 12 kids I'm sure I'd be wearing a straight jacket).
I understand that some people want a smaller family. I am one of two children and Stuart is one of ten. The only difference I see is that he deals with large groups a whole lot better than I do. But some people...like us want more than one or two.
Oh, and in case you want my opinion...it is my blog after all....it is INCREDIBLY rude to ask a person when they are going to "pop out another one".

Okay, I'll get off my little soap box and let you all go about your reproductive perogatives. (I'm laughing right now, I really crack myself up sometimes.)

2 comments:

James and Aimee said...

Oh, Chaney, you crack me up too! I quite enjoyed reading your complaints. I can totally relate, as I think I have probably told you. Just last week at Winco I was going through the check-out line and realized that the lady who had been in front of me was bagging my groceries for me. I thought, "Oh how nice!" When I got to her and thanked her she said, "I just couldn't believe you were shopping with 3 kids and thought you could use all the help you could get." I was a little surprised, but still grateful for the help, so I didn't tell her that I actually have 5 children. Although, now that I think back on it, I would love to have seen her face.

Danielle Smith said...

I have to comment on your blog, one, because I more than understand(having 4 kids myself), and two because you were kind enough to comment on my blog. Here goes: Those people who give us crap about having 4 children, many times they are people who are: a) married with no children b)not married and have no children c)too young to understand parenthood to any degree d)are really old and it's been to long to remember those times. And a and b are saying those things because they are jealous or selfish. After I dealt with that blog psycho, I was at Sam's and had a very good experience. I was in the checkout and my kids were being very frustrating and three different women told me I had beautiful children, that I was doing a wonderful thing by having them and raising them, and said it was wonderful that I had them close together and wanted more. They said family is everything and the most important thing and many people don't understand people like us because they don't understand the importance of family. So ha to all those out of the loop people. They just aren't as cool as us. Okay, I am done, haha.