Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A day in the life....

It's Wednesday. Usually Wednesdays brings nothing terribly fun or exciting. The kids get out of school at 1 for their early release day. But today, today was different.

Today was the Mountain View School Wide Spelling Bee. And KatieJo was one of two representatives from her class. There were 6 students from each grade and she was THRILLED to be one of them. Her good friend Isaac was one from his class as well. It was kind of exciting to see her up there, although I think she may have gotten a little nervous because she lost out on "again". She did however make it to the last 3 from First Grade. Not too bad if you ask us. She was sad because she wanted the trophy....there's always next year! We're VERY proud of our little speller, and really quite grateful she can spell (since my mom and quite a few Mobley's can't). GO KATIEJO!!!
I've recently started going to the Chiropractor (recent as in yesterday) for my wrist. I've had pain in my right wrist on and off since before Phillip was born. WOW is all I have to say. The regular doctors don't know what's wrong and a guy in our Ward is a Chiropractor so I figured I'd give it a shot. I went yesterday and today and I'm impressed! I haven't had my brace on my wrist since yesterday afternoon. YIPEE!

Samuel went with me to the Chiropractor, and when we got home I decided I was going to water the lawn. Instead Samuel decided to do it and Phillip got to the spicket before I did and turned the water on. Samuel of course was soaked and Phillip thought it looked like fun. It's not quite warm enough this afternoon to run in the sprinklers, but they sure did have fun!

2 comments:

The Cleverley's said...

Ok I am sooooooooooo relieved that you got some help with the hand. I know how debilitating it can be! Yea for chiropractors.

James and Aimee said...

It's so nice to know what is going on with you guys! I'm glad your hand is getting all figured out and feeling better. Way to go to KatieJo! And that water sure does look fun. What cute boys!!!