Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Monday Effort, yes it's Tuesday

My Monday effort got shoved off to Tuesday this week. Really Tuesdays aren't that much better than Mondays except that they are a day closer to Fridays.

However, Monday started off the week in grand fashion. I say grand fashion because of several reasons. The first being that Stuart is done with swimming for this school year! YIPEE! The next reason is that I got a Bosch Universal Mixer for Mothers Day and I made bread. It's always nice when Stuart & the kids walk in and tell me the house smells WONDERFUL! And the kids really like homemade bread sandwiches.I have been wanting one of these for a very long time. I used to want a Red KitchenAid Mixer. And not that they aren't great, because they are. However the Bosch fits my lifestyle so much better. I love the fact that the motor is on the bottom and I can pour flour or whatever I need to in the top and not make a huge mess. Also, it replaces my bread maker (which since moving to WY I haven't had a whole lot of luck with), blender (since my bosch came with one) and my current stand mixer. Did I mention I also love the fact that my children can drop this bowl and it won't break like my current mixer...GASP what a concept! I've gone through more bowls for my other mixer!
Monday also brought something new. I am watching a friends little boy until school gets out. Her daycare fell through last week and so I took over. Alvin (who is 17 months) and Phillip play GREAT together...they are both quite ornery though and I have started blocking off the kitchen so that they can't wreak havoc in there. The day seems to go so much faster with 3 kids at home.

This week promises to be a lot calmer than last week and I'm hoping to get a few things marked off my "to do" list such as going through the kids toys in the toy room and disposing or donating toys they no longer need or use. I'm also trying to go through the kids clothes to decide what they need to get this summer at garage sales. AND, I am finally decluttering my bedroom closets. Stuart and I have 2 closets in our room which has led to a little bit of chaos which I hate. I think I may turn one of the closets into a sewing nook. I got a beautiful sewing cabinet for Christmas that I haven't used because it's downstairs. It's time to break that sucker out and enjoy it!

Here's to a Great week!

3 comments:

James and Aimee said...

Life always seems more do-able after crazy hectic times doesn't it? Kind of a nice feeling.

And yes, you should break out your sewing cabinet. That is a great idea!

The Cleverley's said...

I'm jealous that you got a Bosch. My MIL has one and it is DIVINE. I know you are going to make amazing things with it. Oh yeah and good luck with the spring cleaning. I have a few of those on my "to do" list but it seems so overwhelming that I put it off more and more.

Ann Kroeker said...

Oh, that looks and sounds like an excellent investment for your lifestyle and priorities/values. Homemade bread is so much healthier and tastier. How inspiring! I like the durability factor, too. We're pretty rough on things.