Friday, February 26, 2010

A lot about nothing

Since I have nothing better to do (I'm avoiding house work right now). I'm going to blog. Stuart is almost on his way home...YAY for us! He's been in Gillette since Wednesday. We had talked about the kids and I joining him since we wouldn't have to pay for the hotel. Unfortunately I just revamped our budget and we couldn't justify spending the money on food since I could cook at home. And, we would have had to spend all day in the hotel...really not fun with 4 kids. So, we stayed home. He won't get home until about 9 tonight because they stop for 2 hours in Casper...to eat dinner and then for some strange reason the Athletic Director thinks 14 high school boys need an hour to mess around at the mall. Truthfully that sounds like a nightmare to me, but hey...they didn't ask my opinion.

I attempted to let KatieJo sleep in and take a day off of school (the last week has been a little stressful around our house). I woke up early to turn my alarm off and was just relaxing in bed when I heard her get up...at 7:15...just 15 minutes after I would have woken her up. Then Maija woke up....WAY earlier than normal and then a half hour later here come the boys. All BEFORE school would have started. Mind you I had already called her in. But, being the mean mom that I am I let her take her time getting ready for school and took her at 8:30...not too bad, only a 1/2 hour late. She seemed happy to go, probably because school makes the day go by fast and she is very excited to have dad come home!

Tomorrow we are heading to Fort Collins to do some grocery shopping...yay for us, I haven't been to a grocery store in a little over 3 weeks (again since the budget re-vamp) and haven't done my monthly grocery shopping in 6 weeks. I have the basics, but the kids are missing their string cheese and go-gurts and Maija and Phillip would really like some more snack crackers. It may sound silly that I'm driving a little over 2 hours to go grocery shopping, however it's WAY too expensive to shop here in Rawlins! We have a City Market which is a version of King Soopers (or Smiths), and a Discount (dented can store) Grocery run by the Mennonites. We also are going to meet my parents to get some things that I left at their house awhile back.

That's us in a nutshell right now. Not terribly exciting, I take that back. Having Stuart come home is VERY very VERY exciting!

No comments: