He is finally telling us that he is 3, for a long time he would tell people that he was 6...or 7 o'clock. Some of the high school girls believed him, I'm not sure if that makes them incredibly gullible or that Phillip is just really big for his age.When asked what he wanted to eat for his birthday (we do a special dinner of the birthday person's choice) all he would tell us was that he wanted birthday cake...all day. I wasn't terribly thrilled with the idea, so our plan was just to go out to dinner and give him options.
When he woke up this morning he found the cupcakes in the kitchen. He wanted them for breakfast, however I made him wait....so he didn't eat breakfast (which was his choice, not mine). I frosted some of them to take to play group with the intent of not having 24 cupcakes in the house. He managed to eat 2 cupcakes before we left playgroup and headed to McDonalds for lunch with Dad and our friend Cindy and her boys Spencer and Russell. Samuel and Phillip had a grand time playing on the play place and eating their happy meals.
After Stuart and KatieJo got home this afternoon Phillip insisted on opening his "birthday box" that was stored in one of our closets. He was quite upset with us when we closed the door to wrap presents. It was amusing when he opened them because he acted like he'd never seen them before even though he was telling us (and both Grandma's) what he was getting for his birthday.
Then we headed out for dinner. We drove into the parking lot of a restaurant and that's when Phillip decided what he wanted....Pizza Hut! So, we turned around and headed to Pizza Hut.
I think he had a great birthday, well I hope so anyway because I'm tired and he has to be especially since he refused to nap "because it's my birthday!" I did make him lay down, but it didn't help.
I decided not to dig out pictures from the last 3 years, but I happened to have this handy.....his pictures from last year. If you'd like to see his pictures I posted them last year...Click HERE
We are so glad we get to be Phillip's parents! Here are some of our favorite things about this crazy boy: Stuart likes that he is more often than not a very happy boy. I love that he always wants to snuggle with me when he wakes up in the morning, and the crazy things that come out of his mouth! The vocabulary this kid has is amazing! Samuel loves that he's funny (and willing to wrestle with him). KatieJo likes that he plays with her with her Zhu Zhu pets. And Maija likes that he gets her food (especially since we blocked the kitchen off with gates and she can't get in).Happy Birthday Phillip!


4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHILLIP!!!! Isn't it amazing how fast three years goes by?
Happy Birthday Phillip!
Yea. Happy birthday to the three year olds. I forget that Philip and Ellie are so close in age. I love that he tried to convince you that it was his birthday and that he didn't need a nap.
Happy Birthday Phillip!!! We love you!!!
Post a Comment