Wednesday, February 11, 2009

And so it began

Phillip turns two today. My mom called me last night and asked how I was feeling. I wasn't sure how to respond. Was I supposed to be feeling sick? I told her I felt fine and she said "well that's good because 2 years ago you weren't feeling so hot." Which is true. Two years ago today I had been in the hospital for 6 days and had been on bedrest for a total of 2 months. I was SOOOO ready to have Phillip come out and be part of the outside world!


As I think back on his 2 years of life I am thankful for every second I spent lying in my bed or on the couch. He is such a joy to have in our lives! He grows and changes so much everyday and I'm glad that I get to be his mom.

Phillip not quite a day old. On Mothers Day 2007
His One-Year-Old pictures.




First Camping Trip May 2008
Summer 2008
What a ham he is! He loves to sing and dance, and one of his favorite activities is to get out the children's hymnal and "Sing". He turns the pages until he finds one he likes and sings "I am a Child of God". Then once he's done he finds a different page and does the same thing. He is an awesome big brother and sometimes a great little brother. (I say sometimes because he likes to bite Samuel...no one else, just Samuel.)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHILLIP!!! We LOVE YOU!




1 comment:

James and Aimee said...

Happy Birthday Phillip! We love you and miss you. You are soooo cute!