For some reason I am ADDICTED to making hair bows. For the last hour and a half I've made 7 of them and the only reason I stopped is because I'm tired of the ribbon I'm using and I only have 4 different spools of ribbon at the moment.
KatieJo has these cute little bows on both sides of her head and I made a third one for Maija to wear once I've made a headband for her.

I tried to make matching ones for KatieJo and Maija since I like my kids to match and since I don't have a headband yet for Maija that is interchangable I've added them to her stocking cap.KatieJo got a couple of silk flower type bows a couple years ago, and I was going to make some then. However, when Maija was born they had a box of hair bows to choose from to put on her head (probably so people knew she was a girl). The hairbows were adorable and I've wanted to make some ever since. So today KatieJo & I sat down and made some. And here are our results:
These green ones were made from some random ribbon I had laying around the house.
This one is meant to do with wider ribbon but I think it's cute anyway. KatieJo likes this one because it's "BIG!"
She is SOOOO excited to go to church tomorrow to show off her new bows! Thank goodness I'll be in Denver next weekend so I can go to a real craft store and get some more ribbon!!!


3 comments:
Those are sooo cute! I've been wanting to make bows for my girls, but with all of my other projects I'm afraid to start ANOTHER one! If your coming to Denver I have several 50% of coupons for Michael's, they always have cute ribbon! Oh yeah and my sick kids prevented us from traveling so we won't be stopping by :(
Those are awesome! I think I'll have to try some. Maybe I could get Ellen to let me do her hair if she knew I was going to put a pretty bow in it. Thanks Chaney!
So...when you come to Idaho next, how do you feel about bow tying lessons? I think you did a great job
Post a Comment