However, I can't stand a dirty house which in my world consists of clean laundry being on the couch and the floors not being vaccumed and maybe some dishes not being done. So, my boycotting came to an abrupt end this afternoon when the kids helped me clean. My new philosophy is that maybe if they help me clean it they will be more likely to keep it clean (I hope anyway!). So, their jobs were to pick up or move anything on the floor so I could vaccume under them rather than around them. They also had the responsibility of making sure their rooms were clean so I could vaccume in there (that wasn't a hard task since all the toys are in the playroom downstairs). So, after vaccuming the bedrooms I was in the hallway "detailing" around the edges and vaccuming the floorboards when I looked up and saw Phillip with a crayon in his hand....and I saw where his crayon had been...on the wall!!! I had RED crayon on my white wall!!! KatieJo and Samuel found it hilarious; I did not. But, I talked to Phillip and told him we don't color on the walls and proceeded to clean it off. As it turns out crayon is harder to get off a wall than one would think. But, I'm happy to say that the wall is once again white. Thankfully it wasn't a permanent marker like when Samuel did it in Washington!
Friday, February 6, 2009
The color of the day
So, I started the day out "boycotting" cleaning the house. It never seems to matter if it is 100% spotless when Stuart and the kids get home, within an hour it's trashed. Therefore in my "mini-tantrum" I vowed I wasn't going to clean the house (which really just entailed not putting everybody's laundry away).

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
ok seriously we are living in parallel worlds here. Ellie found a marker from who knows where, and took to coloring my hallway pink today. STINKIN KIDS Anyhow I am so sorry that you had your wall "colored" today that sucks.....
I just have to laugh! We have had so many colored places on our walls!
If you figure out a great way to get kids to keep things cleaner, PLEASE tell me about it. I'm always looking for new ways to motivate the kids as the old ways wear off way too quickly.
The "magic erasers" work GREAT to get crayon off walls. Even on flat paint. Best of all, as long as you supervise, you can have kids help clean it off.
I had to laugh because the first time my walls were colored on it was by one of Aimee's kids, thankfully it was the washable kind and it came off pretty easy. When Joseph did it I did not find it as funny because he colored the entire length of a 6ft wall, but he cleaned it up and has not happened since.
Post a Comment