Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Birthday Celebrations

This is the cake I made for Phillip's birthday. It turned out pretty cute, although it would have been better if I had had black frosting but alas I didn't have any black coloring.

We bought Phillip a litte tikes cozy coupe car for his birthday. He LOVES IT! He even abandoned his cake and ice cream to play with it and didn't stop until bedtime. I can't count the number of times he's "been to the store" for me tonight! And his only complaint is that it doesn't have seatbelts (no seriously). He informs us of the fact everytime he gets into it.
KatieJo & Samuel wanted to give Phillip presents as well. And we decided that they should make them or help make them. So, KatieJo helped make Phillip some jammie pants (she sewed the straight lines). And Samuel gave him rice buddies. We got the idea from my sister-in-law Aimee except Phillip's are in the shape of a car.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

That cake is so cool!! I hope you have a dog pan or did you cut a dog out from a larger cake? The decorating must have taken a lot of time, but better than buying it at a store... it is so cute. Also, making pants. I hope that I can be that creative...I guess having a sewing machine would help.

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday to Phillip!

The Cleverley's said...

Cute Cake!!!! And I LOVE that you've got your kids sewing already. It's an awesome skill to have as an adult!

James and Aimee said...

That cake is awesome, Chaney! Did you follow a pattern or did you just do it? Phillip sure looks happy with it. And I like your car buddy. It's way cute!

Chaney said...

This summer my mom gave me all of her cake pans. So, the dog is from a cake pan. However I kind of just started decorating it and followed the pan a little bit.