Well, the "most romantic day of the year" has arrived. Although Stuart and I celebrated on Thursday night. He took me to The Ranch which is one of the nicest restaurants in Rawlins. Then we went to see Mall Cop...awesome movie if you are looking for something to see. It was a lovely night and since we very rarely do anything like that it was great.
Last night was the bi-ward dinner/dance. Which turned out nice. Two of my friends' husbands had to work and so the three of us went together. Besides the fact that the night was REALLY geared toward couples it was fun. My only complaint was that the husbands were supposed to serve the wives dinner. Since we were husbandless for the night some nice men did get us our dinner. The dancing was hilarious. There are a couple reasons I choose not to dance in public. 1. because I have 2 left feet and 2. because I look ridiculous! It was very interesting to watch!
I did bring Samuel in for a dance. He enjoyed it and kept saying that he wished dad was there to dance with me. I did too, but I had a great time!
I also realized last night that when Stuart is gone I really don't pay much attention to food. The kids took a late nap yesterday and when they woke up a little before 5 I let them have cake, ice cream and chocolate syrup. They sure enjoyed it even though it sure wasn't healthy. So as we were going to the church at 6 I asked if they were hungry so I could get them something to eat. They weren't and so our deal was that if they behaved in the nursery I would get them Happy Meals. The dance didn't get over until almost 9 and so they ate dinner (After a VERY long wait at McDonalds) at 9:30. They had a great time, and I think they realize that when dad gets back we'll get back into a routine!
I think it's a good thing that Stuart's not in the military, I would NEVER be on a schedule! Ok, I probably would but it's more fun to make it enjoyable when we are all missing him!
I guess the old addage is true...the mice will play while the cat is away.
Hope you all have a VERY happy Valentines day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment