Tuesday, February 3, 2009

You CAN teach old dogs new tricks!

I've learned a few things today I thought I'd share.....

1. My hair looks cute wavy. I've always straightened my hair because I don't like the fact that it is wavy in spots. So, I thought I'd try putting some gel in it to control the waves, and what do you know...it's cute!

2. Because we live at approximately 7000 feet I have to reduce the amount of flour in the bread I make. Yes, I do make bread on a regular basis but I haven't been using my bread maker to do it. However, I was watching several other children today and didn't have the time to kneed my dough etc. so I popped everything into the bread maker...it didn't work so well! Next time I'll decrease the amount of flour and hopefully it'll turn out better!

3. I'm grateful I don't have twins

4. Diapers really don't take that long to make if I already have them cut out! And when your daughter is as small as Maija (who at 2 1/2 months still fits in newborn diapers) making smaller cloth diapers is a must!

Anyway, I thought I'd share the things I've learned today!

Cheers!

1 comment:

James and Aimee said...

Those are some wonderful words of wisdom, Chaney! Oh I wish I had just a little bit of wave in my hair. That's so exciting that yours is wavy. And I'm with you on the twins thing. And I totally understand about the elevation thing. Moving from 6000 ft to 2000 ft had me messed up for a while.