Stuart coaches the local movie theater owner's kids on the USS swim team, and so for Halloween KatieJo and Samuel got free movie passes to see the movie IGOR.
So tonight Stuart had parent teacher conferences until 8 and so I arranged to have a friend watch Phillip and KatieJo, Samuel and I headed off to see the movie. We don't get any t.v. reception and so we don't see the trailers for the movies (or political ads, thank goodness!).
We were a little excited to see the movie. We rarely go to movies as we prefer to watch them in the comfort of our own home. And, they very rarely get mom alone without Phillip crawling all over everyone.
So, as we're sitting in the theater watching the movie I start to realize maybe this isn't such a great movie. It was dark, and well self professed "Evil". During 90% of the movie Igor (the main character) wants to be an evil scientist in a dark dark world and he has invented a monster who somehow manages to be good; but he tries his very hardest to make this monster evil.
To make a long story short, the only part any of us liked was the end when the darkness went away and Igor decides it's not bad to be good.
In short, I DO NOT reccomend this movie; KatieJo and Samuel don't ever want to see it again and thought it was scary. Oh, and did I mention that they take the Lord's name in vain several times? That REALLY bugs me, it's a kids movie and granted the main character wants to be evil...but do they really have to add that on top of it all?
Maybe someone else has a different opinion of this movie, but I found it a horrible choice and I am sorry that I took my children to see it!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Thanks for the warning, Chaney! We'll avoid that one for sure!
Post a Comment