Sunday, November 9, 2008

We are Thankful!

As Thanksgiving is fast approaching we decided to make a Thankful Turkey for FHE. Our poor little Turkey started out cold and without feathers. Then we started writing what we are thankful for. It turns out it's somewhat hard for the kids to come up with the things they are thankful for. We got the standard answers..."Jesus Christ", "Heavenly Father". And we are all thankful for that, however our goal this year was to look at their lives and see what they are thankful for, i.e. a bed, the food we eat, warm clothes etc.

Here's what we're thankful for:
1. The Sun (Phillip)...at least that what it sounded like he said
2. Mom (Samuel)
3. Family (KatieJo)
4. Suckers (Phillip) HE LOVES suckers!
5. Toys (KatieJo)
6. A warm home (Chaney)
7. Crayons (Samuel)
8. The Scriptures (Stuart)
9. KatieJo and Samuel (Phillip)
10. Food (KatieJo)
11. School (Samuel)
12. Friends (Mom)

I also have to say that I have been appaled over the weekend....my "baby" is getting big! He has abandoned his booster seat and has decided that he is big enough to sit next to KatieJo and Samuel on the bench for meals. Sniff, sniff....I can't believe how big he his and how many words (and sentences) he says!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I love your Turkey!
I also find it sad that my baby is growing up. I am amazed at how many new words he is using everyday. It's not fair, they should stay little longer!

The Cleverley's said...

I love it! I've been thinking about doing something with my kids like this, but thought they might be to little to get it... Samuel proves otherwise.

The Cleverley's said...

OOP I meant Philip. Got the two confused

James and Aimee said...

That is a great Turkey! We are having our "Thankful" Family Home Evening tonight. I am really looking forward to it.