Phillip has been telling us for months when he's wet or has soiled his diaper. And, he's been using the "big potty" for a while when we put him up there. So it was decided that this last Monday would commence potty training. He did really good when we were at home, and at nap time. I would take him to the bathroom every half hour or so (mind you I left him naked from the waist down as everytime I put a diaper or big boy pants on he wets them). He didn't have any accidents while sans clothing, and even came home from play group dry (we were gone for a couple hours.) Yesterday morning however he brought me a diaper and said something to the extent of "I not big boy" and laid down in front of me on the floor. I decided not to push it and let him wear diapers yesterday.
This morning however he said he had to go potty and so he got on the toilet and our routine started over again. He even put on a pair of Samuel's underwear (most amusing when they won't stay up). So, before nap time I took him to the bathroom and put big boy underwear and his waterproof (kinda like plastic pants but they aren't quite plastic) pants and he stayed dry for 2 hours....AWESOME! After nap I took him to the bathroom and then we were gone for 20 min. while we got KatieJo & Samuel from the bus stop. We got home and the silly boy had wet his underwear. So, off they came again and about a half hour ago he was standing by me and all of the sudden my leg felt warm...WARM!!! AHH, he peed on my leg! Holy Cow...how is it he can stay dry for 2 hours, not have an accident while being mostly without clothing for almost a week and then he pees on my leg!?! Ah well we'll keep working on it. He isn't quite 2 yet, so we shall see what happens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I am amazed that he's doing as well as he is. None of my kids ever even wanted to go near the toilet when they were that age. Well, except maybe to play in it. Way to go Phillip!
Oh my, you are a BRAVE woman trying to potty train with a new baby in the house! I have to tell you that when I was potty training Ashley, Ellie would want to "Play" in the potty chair after Ashley used it. I had my fair share of pee on me too! I guess getting peed on is the hazard of the job right?!? Still doesn't make it any less gross.
We've been trying to potty train William too. He was doing awesome for about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks and then all the sudden he wouldn't go anymore, except for on the floor, in his pants, in the van, anywhere except the toilet. So we are back in diapers for a while.
Post a Comment