I'm not so sure any of my wishes are magical, and I can't for the life of me remember any wishes I had growing up except that I wanted to be a space scientist and I wanted to live on and own a plantation in Georgia. I've never been to Georgia and I very much dislike humidity and bugs which completely rules out actually living there. But my wish/dream was to be able to walk down a dirt road lined with beautiful trees loaded with green leaves. Of course in that dream there would be no dust (that's not very wish/dream worthy) but there would be grass at the edge of the road and gorgeous tulips and other flowers would line the very edge of the road. I of course would be barefoot because what fun would it be to walk down a tree lined road with shoes on? I would also be wearing a cool flowing sun dress. The day would be perfect with the sun shinning, but it wouldn't be too hot. Ah that would be nice, the solitude and quiet...the lack of children fighting.
I really don't have many other wishes, I'm a fairly practical person who is content to stay in "my own little world". I prefer having people over to my house rather than venture to their houses, and I'm not big on traveling. But I do wish that I could visit Scotland and Ireland. Now that is where magical wishes can come true. Those leprechauns can grant you those wishes (No, I don't really believe that) and to kiss the blarney stone and see Stonehenge would be wonderful!
My last wish would be that I would learn to LOVE to exercise. It may not seem to be magical to you, however it would take magic to make me Love to do it.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I lived in Georgia as a teenager. One of my favorite things to do was walk barefoot in the road right after it rained. The red clay felt so cool squishing between my toes!
It's amazing how a few minutes of quiet seem like such an indulgence as a mom. That is my wish, for moms everywhere to have a few moments of quiet peace each day!
Funny. I can't say I love exercise, but I have learned in the last year to like it a little.
Chaney, I know this totally off post but When I do the felt food it is a hybrid of hand-sewn and machine stitching. Some pieces are to small to use a machine,and others I can sew completely with a machine. It just depends. Also wanted to tell you that I totally forgot to add you to my "Quirks" tag. I've gotta know some of your quirks so I don't feel like such a looney.
Post a Comment