Monday, December 15, 2008

We saw Santa!!

We FINALLY saw Santa tonight. We spent the evening at the High School Faculty Family Christmas party. And of course Santa showed up. Phillip kept saying "Oh yeah, oh yeah" then we got to his turn and as you can see above, Stuart put him on Santa's lap and he started screaming. So, we didn't get any individual pictures of him and Santa. Samuel and KatieJo have been dying to see Santa and each spent some quality time on Santa's lap.
Both kids wrote letters to Santa at school and so when I mentioned to them that they should write letters they were fairly appaled. I did call their teachers and ask for copies. However, I did ask what they asked for. KatieJo's was pretty much what she told me...her own suitcase, a watch and a hairbox she saw at WalMart. Samuel on the other hand shocked me...he wants a B-B- gun. I blame Stuart's brother James for his desire for one. I'm not a big fan of guns and so for me it's not such a good gift (and he's not going to get one anytime soon).
I guess we'll see whether Santa grants their wishes for their gifts!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!








2 comments:

William And Kylie Mobley said...

I'm so glad you finally got to see Santa! Too bad Phillip didn't like Santa as much as he thought he would! It's got to be hard as a parent to find out what your kids want for christmas and decide whether or not they get it. I think Will and I finished our Christmas shopping yesterday....then again, we don't have 4 kids to shop for. Have fun in Denver this weekend!

The Cleverley's said...

Can I just say it's a relief to know someone else's kids react with panic and tears at the sight of Santa. I thought it was just my wacky kids!!!! Anyhow I'm with you on the BB Gun. Just tell him he'll "shoot his eye out" Ha ha.