We're home! Finally! We thought we were waiting on an Interstate Compact Agreement (which I might add the people in charge of those in Boise, ID weren't sure we'd need in the first place because we are related to Maria which means we are related to Maija other than being her adoptive parents). So, Sunday Stuart and KatieJo headed home because we hadn't heard anything. About 10 on Monday morning I got a call from the lawyer saying we really didn't need it and that I could go home. I was ready to leave with Samuel, Phillip and Maija by 11, but what do you know...I couldn't find my keys. I hadn't gotten much sleep Sunday night so I was almost in tears when I realized that my keys were locked in the van.
My WONDERFUL brother-in-law William came out and tried to get them out but alas I ended up calling a lock-smith. It was the best $35 I've ever spent! We were on the road by 1:30 after stopping to get gas etc. and we got home at 8:00. We had dry roads the entire way, which I am grateful for! Maija only wanted to eat once, which is probably why she was up a little bit more on Monday night. But hey, I was in my own bed which made it a little easier!
I am so glad to be home. I enjoyed being at my in-law's house, but it's always nice to come home again!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
It was so wonderful to spend time with you these last few weeks - I miss you already! I asked William this week when he thought we could make the trip to Wyoming to see you guys....it's now on our "to do" list. I wish we could have spent more time you while you were close, but at least I can say, and mean, I love you guys!
Post a Comment