Thursday, January 15, 2009

Teeny Tiny

Maija had her 2 month check-up today (WOW 2 months already!). She of course was weighed and measured. She now weighs a WHOPPING 8 lbs. 13 oz. She is currently on the charts (barely) at the 10th percentile. She is still just so tiny! The doctor says she's doing great and as long as she is gaining weight we're good.
She of course also got shots today. Poor thing! She had just fallen into a peaceful sleep when the nurse jabbed the first needle into her leg. I've never seen someone's eyes pop open quite as quickly!! She has slept for most of the day and when she did wake up this afternoon she was screaming (well screaming for her, she's still pretty quiet) so I went to find the infant tylenol. Somehow I managed to have none on hand. All I have is children's tylenol. Thankfully I was on the phone with my friend Cindy who happened to be at the store and she picked up some for poor Maija. (She also brought me some nectar of the gods...better known as Dr. Pepper) THANK YOU Cindy!
KatieJo and Samuel would have doted on Maija all night except she was sleeping. They thought it was fairly appaling that I had allowed the doctor to give her shots (as did Auntie Cori). I wasn't thrilled with the prospect of having her get shots. But I do have to say that it's much better than when I had to take Phillip for his circumsision. If we ever have another child and if that said child is a boy I WILL NOT take him to have that done. I've decided I will give Stuart the "opportunity" to do that one!
I'm so glad that we have Maija as part of our family. She has recently started smiling back at me when I'm talking to her or when she has been crying and she first sees me. (And they say babies this young can't be spoiled!) She is such a wonderful baby and the whole family loves her; including Phillip who likes to help me burp her and if her pacifier falls out he is the first one to her saying "Oh No! Mommy, Oh No!"
I haven't taken her 2 month picture yet as she isn't technically 2 months until the 18th. I'll post it then.

2 comments:

Humphries said...

Wow time sure does fly. Glad to hear that is she is growing and doing well.

The Cleverley's said...

Maybe I'm sick and twisted 'cause I always laughed when my kids got shots. Their faces would turn such a bright shade of red that I thought they looked like oompa loompas (From Charlie and The Chocolate Factory.) I always felt bad afterward, so I guess I'm not totally wicked. I'm glad you are enjoying your little one. Having babies around the house is always a special time.