Thursday, April 16, 2009

Accomplishments

We have accomplished a lot in the month of April, and it's not even over yet!

Our first most important accomplishment is that we are all FINALLY healthy! Phillip's issues from last week are gone and although he will be on antibiotics a little longer he is doing awesome (and he can sit down again which is wonderful)!

The next accomplishment is that I finally caught Maija smiling on camera! The orange light that lights up right before the flash goes off usually throws her off, but I did it!! (Aren't her eyes georgeous?!?)
We've also started feeding Maija rice cereal. As you can see below, she wasn't thrilled on Sunday when we tried it. However, after trying the last 5 days she FREAKED out today because I wasn't getting the food to her mouth fast enough. She still isn't thrilled with rice cereal, so I think I'll try something else tomorrow. We figured she was ready since she has been trying to eat anything we are eating/drinking.

Our next accomplishment belongs to KatieJo. She has finally decided that she should be able to ride a "two wheeler" as she calls it, especially since she is getting a bike for her birthday (as soon as we make it to Wal-Mart or Target.) So, she has been riding a bike that is WAY too small for her, but she has finally done it!


And, the final accomplishment is mine. I have made my first wedding cake. I will post pictures tomorrow after I assemble the cake for the reception. I'm quite excited that I did it, and if I do say so myself...it looks good. The pictures below are of 2 of the layers without the rosebuds on it.
We've had a great spring break! I feel like we've actually accomplished a lot. We've decluttered a little bit and moved things around, and Stuart fixed the problem with the caulk around the bathtub and stripped the paint off of the window sill in the shower (it was peeling really bad). Thanks to the swimming pool we have been able to shower!

So here's to our accomplishments! CHEERS!

2 comments:

James and Aimee said...

What a great bunch of accomplishments! You guys are awesome. Maija does have beautiful eyes and a beautiful smile and I can't wait to actually see her in person. Hooray KatieJo! Chaney, that cake is gorgeous! Even if you taught me how to make a cake like that, I don't think I could actually pull it off. Wow! I look forward to seeing the whole thing.

The Cleverley's said...

I am amazed by that cake! You've got talent! Oh and congrats on finally getting everyone healthy. I don't envy you, that had to be rough.