I love Easter and tend to go a little overboard with the holiday, not with decorating but with candy (which we end up throwing away), presents, food etc. This year however we are trying to tone it down (by "we" I mean me). Stuart has always had a less is better for Easter attitude than I have, however I'm starting to realize that I am really doing my children no favors by having such a big Easter.
So this year we hid our Resurection eggs (if you are interested in making some these click here) with some regular candy filled Easter eggs. KatieJo & Samuel REALLY wanted to have an Easter egg hunt so we obliged but we did it for FHE instead of right before Easter. We will also be making some Easter Story cookies on Saturday night. For the recipe click here.
We have also asked the Easter bunny to tone it down as well. I've always been big on having him bring individual baskets for each kid. However, we've asked the bunny to bring them only 1 piece or small bag of candy for each of them. (KatieJo & Samuel have both asked for a chocolate bunny...they are Stuart's children after all!) And, because it is SO very windy here in Rawlins I'm hoping they each get a kite, and some sunglasses. Other than those items that I've spoken to Mr. Easter B. about they will get a present from me and Stuart....sandals!!! YEA for us (I'm also excited because I get a pair as well). I think however they'll get those on Saturday. I've also made Easter dresses for the girls and matching bowties for all of my boys (men). I'm the only one that isn't getting a new outfit...don't feel sorry for me, I did it on purpose. Right after Phillip was born I made KatieJo & I matching outfits, but because I still had baby weight and didn't have stretchy material like the pattern called for it didn't fit so nice. So, I'm a little apprehensive about spending money on something that isn't guaranteed to fit.
Anyway, we are really hoping that our older two kids get the point of the holiday. If not, we may cancel any presents next year....does Easter have a Scrooge?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment