Sunday, April 19, 2009

Crazy Sunday?

Well, spring break is almost officially over. It will end for KatieJo & Samuel with the realization that they have to get up when I go in to wake them tomorrow morning. It ended for me yesterday at noon when Stuart left for his technology conference in Rapid City, SD. He's having a great time, I on the other hand feel stressed. Although, I have to say that since we've been home from church I feel A LOT better! Before church I made the WISE decision to give the boys quick hair cuts before their shower....kind of a dumb mistake really. But, they look better.

We managed to make it to church...and on time! On top of that KatieJo's hair was curled and I had makeup on...WOW! So, my friend Cassa and her husband sat at one end of the pew and I sat on the other in hopes of keeping Phillip contained. Which, worked well until both Cassa and Sean were in the foyer and Phillip saw his window and escaped. I handed Maija off to someone I don't know and got Phillip. Over all it wasn't bad until I realized my co-teacher who had called me at 9 last night didn't show up (again). I had a sub for me because even if I managed to stay I wasn't sure Phillip would go to nursery without freaking out, and I had Maija as well. So, I ended up teaching and my sub sat with me. I dropped Phillip off in the Nursery kicking and screaming and told them he had no choice but to stay since Stuart wasn't with me this morning. I walked by about an hour later and he was still not sounding very happy. Thankfully someone else held Maija while I taught and then instead of going to sharing time I asked the Secretary to get someone to sit with my class so I could go get Maija and see if Phillip needed anything.

I love Stuart, but I think I need to attend some sort of conference for 3 days while he stays home! Thankfully this afternoon has been wonderful. Everyone is in a good mood and the house has stayed relatively clean (if you consider dominos and collect 4 all over the floor clean).
Things will also get back to normal tomorrow because of school. I normally don't like to see my kids go back to school, but I'm a tad excited to get back into our routine!

Only 7 weeks left of school and then the craziness of summer begins...I can't wait. No really, I'm serious I can't wait! We get to see all kinds of great friends from Washington to Iowa. Yipee!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I am so sory for you! Orion loves nursery and most of the time doesn't even wait for me to take him. Even when I go to pick him up, he just kinda looks at me, and then continues to play. I hope Stuart comes home soon for you. Being a single mom is no fun!

James and Aimee said...

I really dislike Sunday's (or even just part of Sunday's) by myself. The kids never listen to me like they do to James. Way to hang in there Chaney!

We are all so excited for summer to come too! What fun it will be!