Sunday, February 8, 2009

I'm all alone...almost!

Friday morning Stuart leaves for the regional high school boys swim meet. Normally not a problem except it's overnight. Also not normally a big deal; however, there is a bi-ward church valentines party Friday night. I knew it involved dinner and so jokingly I asked my friend's husband if I could "be his 2nd wife for the night". He turned me down and said something to the extent of "he was only going to dance with his wife". I had ABSOLUTELY no idea that it was a dinner AND dance or would never had asked him that (I was fairly embarrased after I found out)! On top of that they are having a photographer come and take pictures of "all the cute couples". Everyone is supposed to come in Sunday best and the Young Women are providing daycare (so it's adult only). So, I'm going to be dateless...how sad! I asked someone if I could have Samuel be my date but they didn't think that was too funny. Then I proceeded to ask everyone in Relief Society if anyone wanted to be my date for the night (after EVERYONE encouraged me to come "stag"...I hate that term!). It got a good laugh, but that wasn't my intention. I think I might go, but I fully intend to be a "wall flower"!!!

I'm also sad because Stuart isn't getting home until around 11 on Saturday night. In the 8 years we have had the opportunity to celebrate Valentines day together we have celebrated them in the following ways:
2002: We were driving overnight to Cedar Rapids so Stuart could try out for scholarships as he was going back to school in the fall.
2003: Stuart was in New York with school
2004: I had just had a D & C and was in NO mood to celebrate!
2005: We had steaks after the kids went to bed.
2006: We had just moved to Washington and were working on getting settled and unpacked.
2007: We had Phillip on the 11th and Stuart went back to work on the 14th, and we had only been home from the hospital for a day.
2008: We went to a Costume Party where the vast majority (besides 7 of us) didn't show up. We did play some fun games though. Still, not very romantic!
2009: We are going out on Thursday the 12th because Stuart will be gone.

Someday...probably when I'm 60 because Stuart will most likely be coaching for a long time; we are going to go on an AWESOME Valentines getaway....I'm thinking a Cruise or trip to somewhere terribly romantic although I'm at a loss right now where that may be. Oh, and there won't be any kids (hence the fact that I'll most likely be 60!).

Since Stuart won't be home this valentines day, if you'd like me to watch your kids for the night....bring them over, I plan on having a GREAT valentines day with my kids (and your's if you're close enough for you to take advantage of that offer!). And after they go to bed I plan on watching "You've got Mail" or some other romantic movie.

CHEERS!

2 comments:

James and Aimee said...

Your valentine's sound as good or maybe a little better than ours. Last year everyone, including me, had the stomach flu. This year we are watching the kids of some friends in the ward. We traded so last night was our date night. Happy Valentine's Chaney. I love you!

The Cleverley's said...

You post makes me sad. Please tell me your anniversaries are better!?!?!? Well keep your chin up, we'll be in Idaho for V-Day. Maybe we'll have to stop by and say hi on our way home.