GRRRRR! My backup plan for when Phillip fails to fall asleep after an hour in his "big boy" bed has failed. After a frustrating hour this afternoon Phillip was still awake and I put him in his crib knowing he usually passes out within five minutes when I do this. So, I left the room after turing on his music and started putting the winter coats etc. away in the coat closet and was thinking how exciting it is to have a coat closet when I heard an ominous creaking noise. Sure enough, the boy's door was opening. As I walked toward it Phillip must have saw me and quickly giggled and closed the door.
I knew he had climbed out of the crib, but to confirm my suspicions I put him back in hoping maybe he had fallen out and not hurt himself. Nope, he had climbed out. So I called the only expert I could think of...my sister-in-law Aimee. I remember Aimee telling me that Naomi had climbed out of the crib and they had then been forced to put her in a big bed. But alas Aimee's advice won't work for us as the top bunk of the bed doesn't have a railing all the way across and so Phillip would most likely start practicing his swan dive.
I even checked a book out of the library that was supposed to in 5 days give the kid a better night sleep. Mostly it involved the parent to put the child in bed and say "mommy is teaching you better sleep habits so you need to stay in bed" and then walk out of the room. Let's just say it didn't work. The laughing made me feel better though.
Oh well, I guess we'll just have to sit there and keep telling Phillip to lay down. Maybe before he leaves for college he'll have it figured out....hopefully!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
This does not inspire me to want to start trying to put Orion in a "big boy" bed!! Very lucky for me, he doesn't climb out yet. I think that is just about the only thing he doesn't climb out of though!!!
Post a Comment