Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The love of my life

Stuart came home from swim practice at approximately 7:20 tonight and I had succeded in having Phillip asleep before he walked in the door...YEA ME!
He had a little silly grin on his face (Stuart, not Phillip) and had his swim gear bundled up in his arms. He gave me a kiss and his silly grin got bigger as he pulled out some ice cream and said "I tried to get you a rose but they didn't have any so I got you this" "this" happens to be ice cream.
He bought weight watchers ice cream because as he said "I was trying to be romantic and be good at the same time."

Who knew ice cream could be romantic? I think he's set a new precident. Although the flowers he bought me 2 weeks ago are still alive and kicking...WOW!

I had a great day today, I had a couple sisters from church over for breakfast and all I had to prepare was a fruit salad. And then I went to a R.S. bread making class. It was fun even though I don't particularly have a problem making bread. (I sure do love my bread machine, although I think I may get a Bosch...they're pretty awesome!) And then the kids and I had a quiet evening at home. The boys played in the bath until they were well "pruned" and KatieJo danced around the house to the music she was singing.

And tomorrow we are trying a new play group that meets at the church on Wednesday mornings and consists of kids (and their mothers) from both wards. Phillip isn't exited yet, but I think it's great and will give us an opportunity to get to know more people. New friends are always good!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I always think ice cream is romantic!!

James and Aimee said...

James would definitely agree on ice cream being romantic!