Monday, October 6, 2008
Our weekend
Well, the weekend didn't start out all that bad. We usually have dinner and a movie on Friday nights and so when the kids get home from school on Fridays everyone takes a rest so they can stay up late and watch a movie. So, we laid down and KatieJo fell asleep....not terribly shocking after a long week. However when she woke up about 45 min. later she had a low grade fever. Saturday the fever had escalated with the only other symptom being a headache. Sunday afternoon we decide she was probably feeling a little better and so we went to the chapel to watch the last session of conference....not even 5 minutes after we got there she threw up all over the carpet. So, we didn't get the opportunity to watch conference.What a bummer! We had planned to watch at home on our computer, but alas our computer was in the shop and KatieJo's illness didn't give us the opportunity, as well as Phillip's lack of willingness to sit still for 2 hours!Thank goodness we can get a copy of conference!! I think we may even be able to get online and still watch it....at least that is my hope since I am hoping to watch it during nap times!On to better news...Stuart has started a "new" job. Not only is he teaching; he has been hired as the USS swim team coach. He will also be the assistant boys swim coach for the high school and possibly the middle school. We are so excited (ok, I think I am more than Stuart as in my opinion anything is better than football!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Yea, Congrats on the new job for Stuart. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't get to watch as much conference as I wanted either. I hope KatieJo is feeling better.
It is so nice to hear how you are all doing. I am sorry your weekend turned out crummy. We miss you guys. Even though you were 5 hours away before, it was still better than 20. Hope the week is going better!
Good to hear from you. I hope KatieJo is feeling better. Congraduations to Stuart that's impressive working with the US swim team. Glad Samuel and Phillip are well. We finally closed on our house after 7 attempts. Dad moved here on Sept 1st. Kelli is a Junior this year at Iowa University. Tara and James are going to be new parents in April. All is well with us. Keep in touch.
Post a Comment